for technical needle felts
Whether it is a standard or niche product - our products are the right match for your application. Individualised and competent advice by our needle felt specialists is a key advantage. Working in close cooperation with our customers and our R&D competence centre, we develop technical needle felts that meet even highly individual requirements.
Whether by the yard or as endless round-needled rollers, tubes and belts, technical needle felts are suitable for a wide range of purposes.
BWF FireGuard®, BWF FlexGuard® and BWF Fireblocker
While needle felts made of high-tech fibres are often used as fire blockers in seats in a protective layer between the outer fabric and upholstery material, they can also be used in ceiling and wall coverings. Our felts meet the following standards, among others: EN 45545, F2 + M1 according to NF F16-101, FAR 25.853(a), IMO 2010 FTP Code part 8.
Handling and transport systems for the aluminium and glass industry
Relevant industries in this area include aluminium extrusion and the glass industry. Key materials include endless needled felt rollers and felt belts known under the brand BWF EXTRU-LINE®, as well as ready-made articles such as felt pads and spacer materials.
Advantages of needle felt articles:
- gentle transport of sensitive parts due to soft surfaces even at high temperatures
- use of fibres suited to the respective temperature range
Heat & Safety
Unparalleled safety and protection under extreme conditions
Needle felts made of high-tech fibres such as para-aramid, meta-aramid, Dyneema®, and preoxidised PAN are extremely resistant to heat and cold, resistant to chemicals, highly resilient, cut and tear resistant and flame retardant, and therefore particularly well suited for work safety and heat protection.
Among others, the materials fulfil the following protection requirements:
- radiant heat
- electrical insulation
- flame protection
- cut protection
- puncture protection
- flying sparks
- molten metal splashes
- electric arcs
Carbon Composite Felts
The basis for special high-temperature applications
Special needle felts made of rayon or preoxidised PAN provide a base material for further carbonisation, e.g. for
- high-temperature insulation in furnaces
- energy storage systems
- carbon brakes
Industrial Specials & Components
Highly versatile products and components for a great variety of industries
Depending on your needs, we offer a variety of standardised or individualised needle felt solutions for a wide range of applications.
Potential applications for technical needle felts in industry include:
- steel industry: brake felts BWF CoilTec, cleaning felts
- car washs: washing and drying felts for car, bus and train washing systems
- laundry industry: clothing ironing, ironing press supports
- household appliance industry: drum seals for laundry dryers, seals, insulations
- polishing and grinding industry: electro-polishing, welding seam cleaning
- other industries: shoe industry, medicine, orthopaedics, etc.
All-round protection, insulation and damping for vehicles and components
Depending on heat resistance or economy requirements, we offer technical needle felts made of a wide variety of fibre types for use in vehicle interiors and engine compartments. Depending on your requirements, the materials we use meet the standards MVSS 302 or UL94V V0.
Areas of application:
- sound insulation
- heat protection
Water filters, acoustic felts, components for filter bags
Our environment is an asset that is worth protecting. BWF Protec translates this value into real life through various products.
To complement the BWF Envirotec division product portfolio, we offer the following components for industrial filtration:
Our industrial filtration components
- endless round needled sealing rings with an inner diameter up to 450 mm
- door seals (endless strips beginning at 12 mm width)
- pocket supports
- sliding covers for flushing nozzles
- expansion joints
- BWF AirslideTec fluidising felts for transporting powdery bulk material
Other fields of application:
- filter tubes/cartridges for water filters
- acoustic felts
- BWF TubeTec for trenchless rehabilitation of sewerage systems (CIPP)